Year 4 has been solving a jigsaw puzzle of the states of Germany, it’s trickier than it looks, and it has loads of illustrations which tell us interesting things about Germany.
Here are our thoughts from our See : Think : Wonder response to the map.
SEE (some of the things we’ve seen in the illustrations)
- fish, animals
- giant scissors
- the Rhine / Rhein
- an Eiffel Tower
- country called Germany
- places in Germany
- weird man in Freiburg
- picture of beer
- some names of states
- animals / farms
- instruments (musical)
- stalls / markets
- names of places
- Porsche Factory
- Berlin Church / Cathedral
- Lots of soccer teams
- Knights & Horses
- German words
THINK (why we think they are there)
- To show what the things are
- To show people what it looks like
- it looks like little continents
- the places are very old
- I think there is a church in München
- They are the important things
WONDER (what we wonder / want to know)
- I wonder what the map would look like in colour
- are they states
- are they countries or states?
- Who are the people
- How old is it?
We will use our ideas to construct some investigation questions about Germany in our mini Research unit.